VPath (Vehicle Path 4) is written and maintained by the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Queensland. TMR provides this free tool for use within 12d Model when it is downloaded and installed. TMR also provide help notes and some standard vehicles (for use) once installed.
To access the files inside 12d Model, please follow the following steps;
- Download and install the VPath program (including the help file) from the TMR website following the instructions provided on their website.
- If you have a previous version of VPath for Windows, go to ‘Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs’ and remove it.
- Run the installation file “TMR.VPath4003setup.exe”, follow the instructions. Administrator credentials will be requested.
- A program group will be created for All Users – Start\Programs\TMR.VPATH
- For a more detailed description of the program, refer to the VPath help file that is accessible after installation.
Note: In Earlier version of VPath, 12d Model Users were required to add an environment variable to start using this plugin. From V14.0C2h, no additional steps are required. You may need to restart your 12d Project if it was open whilst the VPath4 software was installed.
Another method of Vehicle analysis using 12d Model Software is using AutoTurn online.
The video below provides additional information as presented in a 12d Model Industry Solutions webinar.