Post under construction.
1. First you need to explode the Super Alignment labels: Strings=>Super alignment=>Tools=>Explode and process labels
2. The labels are now Super Strings with Vertex Text, which need to be converted into Text objects. Quickest method is to write out a DWG then read it back in.
Most of the settings can be left as-is, however on the General tab set the following;
- Dimension: 2d
- Default Level: 0
- Use blocks for point styles: un-tick
Most of the settings can be left as-is. Except that you must add a Prefix for Models, otherwise the text will end up on the same model as the SA Labels.
3. To display text in a 3d View, the text objects need Z-Values. To do this, use the Tin=>Drape=>Drape and set the following;
- Drape Mode: Vertices Only
- Skip 2d strings: un-tick
- Pass other strings: un-tick
- It also helps to add a Z-Offset to lift the text above the tin.
4. Lastly, you will need to run a macro to convert the text into 3d objects.
The macro is available as part of the EXDS Customisation, available for free here:
Once installed, go to User=>EXDS Plugins=>Utilities=>Convert text for perspective display